11 April 2019 – Event note –
Scientists from all over the world will meet from 13 until 15 May 2019 at the “Fuel Science – From Production to Propulsion” conference in Aachen to present and discuss their latest findings in the field of fuel development. This is the 7th International Conference organized by the Cluster of Excellence “The Fuel Science Center” of RWTH Aachen University.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the last Cluster of Excellence Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines.
The event is open to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from renewable energy and alternative carbon sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes
The following topics will be addressed in separate sessions during the conference:
- Synthetic, alternative fuels by utilization of regenerative electricity and carbon dioxide
- System perspective & sustainable value chains
- Impact of renewable fuels on environment, economics, and society
- Catalytic synthesis and conversion of biomass-based streams in combination with other renewable resources to platform molecules and fuels
- Combustion process and exhaust gas aftertreatment optimization of renewable fuels
- Mixture formation and ignition process of renewable fuels
The detailed program of the conference can be found on the homepage of the Cluster of Excellence.